What keeps me up at night – my big research questions:
- What causes us to gain weight?
- When two people are in the same environment, why does one person gain a lot of weight and another very little?
- So our genes determine our weight and our obesity risk, but can we turn down our genetic risk? What is this epigenetics about and how does it operate?
- What is the best way to lose weight? How does this improve our health? How do we keep the weight off?
- What are the genetic codes that regulate adipose tissue and its function?
- Why do some people get diabetes, when others don’t?
- Why is the gut flora important in metabolism and our health?
- How can what we eat to change our immune system and our gut flora?
Read some of my obesity and diabetes articles here.